Keenan Coleman, Larry Hoover Jr, Jada Hatter, Nayeli De Mello, Logan Washington, Londyn Washington
2019 Royal Court
King = Keenan Coleman: Age 18. Career goal is to become a professional dancer/choreographer who teaches and that owns his own dance company. Hobby is dancing. Favorite Quote, “Dance is what I do!!!!!!”
Queen = Jada Hatter: Age 16. Career goal is to become a dental hygienist. Hobbies are listening to music and doing makeup. Favorite Quote, “The best revenge is massive success.” – Frank Sinatra
Prince = Larry Hoover III = Age 13. Career goal is to become an entrapreneur. Hobbies are gaming, boxing and acting. Favorite quote, “It’s not about controlling people it’s about leading them.”
Princess = Nayeli De Mello: Age 14. Career goal is to become a fashion designer or a pro volleyball player. Hobbies are reading and playing volleyball. Favorite quote, “The past can hurt but the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it.” – Lion King
Jr. Prince = Logan Washington = Age 5. Career goal is to become a baseball player. Favorite quote, “Make today amazing.”
Jr. Princess = Londyn Washington = Age 5. Career goal is to become a veterinarian. Favorite quote, “I always stand out in a crowd.”
REQUIREMENTS & HOW TO APPLY:
- FORMS ARE DUE ON SATURDAY, JULY 11, 2020.
- There is no cost associated with applying for the royal court. All chosen candidates attire for parade day will be purchased for them and candidates will get to keep their attire.
- Letter of recommendation from a teacher, a community leader, or the principal of the school you attend.
- Complete application and essay requirement (essay must accompany the application).
- All individuals chosen will be notified on Monday, July 13, 2020 to set up an interview with the parade committee.
- The interview will last 10 minutes. You must wear appropriate business attire (no jeans cut-offs etc).
DESCRIPTION OF ROYAL COURT:
- King & Queen of Englewood (Ages 15-17).
- Prince & Princess of Englewood (Ages 10-14).
- Jr. Prince & Jr. Princess of Englewood (Ages 5-9).
- Ages 5-17 years old.
- Reside in and is a student of a school in Englewood or is a youth of a business, church or organization that is located in the Englewood community.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Represent the Englewood Back to School Parade community functions as requested by Parade Committee.
- Must be able to attend public and media functions for the month preceding the parade.
- Will assist in the distribution of in-kind donations during parade finale at Ogden Park.